The department of literature of study of local lore was created in 2010 as information center which conducts work on studying of social and economic and public features of history of the native land, its nature and ecology in connection with the increased interest of reader's audience.
Main objectives and department tasks:
- Formation of local history book and document fund of department
- Promotion of local history literature
- Carrying out scientific researches and release of editions of local history character
- Rendering the methodical and advisory help to libraries and area establishments in work with local history literature.
- Open viewings of regional and regional newspapers
- Granting an electronic database on study of local lore in the Russian and Kazakh languages
- Carrying out local history mass actions (literary soirees, meetings, presentations of books, etc.)
In department are available and constantly replenish a local history card file of periodicals "Aktyubinsk area" where it is possible to find bibliographic descriptions of regional newspaper and journal articles on various subject. At department the literary drawing room "alamger" where interesting meetings with known poets and writers are held is created, and also the club of young talents "Zhas қалам" actively works. For the purpose of preservation rare books, periodicals and documents of local history character in an edinsvenny copy are transferred to a digital format, books and documents of local history subject which aren't present in a library stock, replenish through fund of regional museum of local lore. The department conducts a collecting of books with autographs and wishes of authors.